Welcome to the inaugural Four Line Fiction, a pix-to-prose challenge. Each Thursday, at 9:00am Eastern Time (Canada/United States) I will post an image I have captured myself, featured from another blog or plucked from one of the Interweb’s many royalty-free image sites. You as the writer are to use that image as a point of inspiration to craft a masterpiece of fiction in four lines.
The image for February 2nd, 2023 is the word “Welcome” made of rainbow-coloured slats of plywood set against a multicoloured wall. Fitting for the first-ever Four Line Fiction challenge.
Be creative and have fun. I look forward to reading the tales you spin. Don’t forget to show your fellow bloggers some love -❤️- take some time to read, like, and comment on their masterpieces.
Rules and Guidelines
- Write a four-line work of fiction to complement the image provided. How you interpret the image is up to you. Think of it as a place to start; all you have to do is take the reader on your journey.
- There are no constraints to format. Prose, poetry, or any other form is acceptable as long as it tells a story in four lines. The length of each line is at your discretion, you do you.
- When posting to your blog please add a pingback (link) to the Four Line Fiction challenge post and include the tags #gb4lf and #gmgblog on your post.
- Although posting to your own blog is preferred, should you choose to post in the comments or to your social media accounts please include the tags above and leave a comment here so that others can find your work.
- All images presented will be credited to the photographer/rights holder and whenever possible linked back to the source. Any featured images from fellow bloggers will only be used after permission has been granted.
- Tell the world. It would be greatly appreciated if you shared the Four Line Fiction challenge post on your social media accounts. The more writers and readers the better.
- Post submitted to the Four Line Fiction challenge may be included in Greg’s Blog Sunday Digest weekly review post and may appear on a future podcast. It is understood that all written works remain the property of the author.
- If you enjoy participating in Four Line Fiction be sure to check out our other writing challenge Five Word Weekly.
Please reach out if you have questions or feedback about this challenge or anything of the content presented on Greg’s Blog.
This post was produced by GMGCreative.
Copyright 2023 Greg Glazebrook @ GMGCreative. All Rights Reserved.
If you enjoyed this post please take a moment to participate. Hit the like button and share the link on your social media. Your comments and feedback are greatly appreciated.
Pingback: Out of the Cold | Greg's Blog